The WE Empower UN SDG Challenge 2023 is now accepting applications. The WE (women entrepreneurs) Empower UN SDG Challenge is a world-first worldwide competition for women social entrepreneurs who are promoting the UN Sustainable Development Goals and motivating entire communities to build the society we want by 2030.
The WE Empower Challenge recognizes forward-thinking female CEOs from around the world who are advancing the SDGs through sustainable business practices and inspiring others to do the same.
The chance celebrates their unique work while also providing Awardees with capacity-building training sessions and opportunities to interact with an unrivaled worldwide network to help them expand their businesses.
This initiative elevates and highlights the vital contributions that women social entrepreneurs and corporate leaders can make to the SDGs and address the world’s most pressing issues.
- The WE Empower Challenge Awardees will attend activities around the 78th United Nations General Assembly in 2023, as well as meet with prominent business professionals from around the world.
- Awardees will also compete in a live pitch competition led by fashion designer, activist, and Vital Voices Board Member Diane von Furstenberg to showcase their business for a $20,000 prize.
Applicants must meet all the following criteria to be able to participate in this competition. Finalists must produce proof of sales (such as tax returns and/or audited financial records).
- A female entrepreneur who makes key decisions in your company or organization.
- Your company/organization has been in operation for at least three years.
- Have at least three full-time employees (or full-time equivalent).
- Your company/organization has annual sales or revenue of at least $75,000 USD.
- Fluent in spoken English.
- You are at least 21 years old, and you speak and write in English.
- Available to come to New York, NY, and participate in all events from Monday, September 18 to Saturday, September 24, 2023 (COVID-19 travel limitations allowed), and you can engage in a virtual program from August to October 2023 if necessary.
The competent awardees will be informed by June 30, 2023, and will have the chance to make the trip to New York City, New York (NY) during the UN Global Goals/Climate Week September 16 – 23, 2023 (COVID-19 Travel restrictions permitting) to participate in a series of focused training provided by leading and sponsoring partners, as well as participate in high-profile events with UN Officials.
Applications close on Sunday, April 16, 2023, at 11:59 PM EST. Click here to apply
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild.africa weekly digest for updates