The significant impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the global community has prepared the stage for innovators and creative thinkers to take the lead in rolling out groundbreaking solutions to address challenges.
Hence, if you are an innovative entrepreneur with a compelling tech-focused Minimum Viable Product (MVP), here’s your chance to apply for UnionX Innovation Challenge 2021.
What’s UnionX Innovation Challenge?
An initiative of Union Bank, UnionX Innovation Challenge was launched in response to the uncertainty around the world. The program seeks to unearth cutting-edge solutions developed by a cohort of talented innovators, taking Nigeria and the global marketplace by storm.
It aims to support innovative and creative entrepreneurs who can provide applicable solutions that have the potentials to revolutionize different sectors of the economy, including, but not limited to, Agriculture, e-commerce, Education, Fintech, and Health.
For the fourth edition, UnionX Innovative Challenge 2021 is appropriately tagged “A New Discovery”- an indication of its goal which is to explore new and innovative tech solutions in different sectors. The program, set to run from March 22 – April 13, 2021, will take place in four stages.
The first stage is the application period which will last for four weeks. At the second, ten outstanding entrepreneurs will be selected to participate in a Bootcamp for three weeks, after which they will be given an opportunity to present their ideas on Pitch Competition day.
At the fourth and final stage, the top three participants will take part in an incubator program which will last for 2 months
Who can apply?
- Early-stage startups based in Nigeria;
- Startups must have developed innovative Minimum Viable Product (MVP) that is impactful;
What are the benefits?
The top 3 selected MVPs will receive:
- Funding of up to 2 million Naira, 1.5 million Naira, and 1 million Naira, respectively;
- Participation in a 2-month incubation program as well as support from GreenHouse Capital;
- Access to Union Bank’s network and its value chain to further improve their approach and scale;
- Access to partners and the customer base of Union Bank;
- Expert training on product development, distribution, and business modeling geared towards potential integration with the Bank;
- Mentorship opportunity.
Entries close on Sunday, February 28, 2021. Apply here if you’re interested.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild weekly digest for updates.