Are you a startup entrepreneur who uses technology and innovation to make social impact? Are you also interested in learning how to better pitch your business and make it more investable?
Then, apply for BOOST UP 2021 for a chance to take your startup to the next level.
This is open to persons in Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania and Zambia.
BOOST UP is a three-part startup support programme organised by the Connected Hubs network and the Southern Africa Innovation Support Programme (SAIS 2).
BOOST UP targets startups that use technology to solve a societal challenge and are looking for skills that could help them pitch their businesses and become investment-ready.
The BOOST UP series comprises the Set Up training events, Stand Up pitching competitions, and Scale Up incubation programme and bootcamp.
Technology and innovation play a key role in your business model to address a societal challenge in Southern Africa. “Technology and innovation” here includes, but is not limited to:
- Internet of Things
- Artificial Intelligence
- Drone technology
- Renewable Energy and Circular Economy
- Smart City/Smart Environment
- Big Data
- Communications (e.g. internet connectivity services)
- Anything that uses technology and innovation to improve a product or service in any way.
Criteria for participation
- You have a scalable business model
- You are developing or finalising a prototype, or have a prototype ready
- Your startup has a minimum of two team members interested in participating
- Have participated in the Set Up training
- Be a registered business located in Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, or Zambia
- You/your startup have not won a SAIS 2-associated national pitch competition and participated in the BOOST UP Bootcamp in 2020 or 2019, Slush Global Impact Accelerator 2018, or been sponsored by SAIS 2 to participate in Slush 2017.
Eligibility for selection
Selection would be made based on:
- Does the solution make a societal impact?
- Is the solution novel in the market?
- Does the solution have the potential to scale up?
- Does the solution have growth potential and commercial viability?
- Does the team show commitment and ability?
- What is the stage of prototype development?
Note: applications from female-led startups are particularly encouraged.
How to apply
Are you a startup entrepreneur? Apply here to take part in BOOST UP 2021. The deadline for application is Sunday, June 6, 2021.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild weekly digest for updates.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to blockbuild weekly digest for updates.