The Siemens Stiftung organization has launched its first open, competitive E-Mobility Innovation Call tagged “Electric Mobility Made in Africa for Africa”.
The foundation is committed to deepening the inclusive, digital, and socio-economic growth of African entrepreneurs and social businesses operating in electric mobility and the circular economy.
Though the contest is open to all entrepreneurs and startups that are creating e-mobility solutions such as apps or delivery services, however, innovative women-led tech startups are strongly encouraged to submit their applications.
About the Award
The E-Mobility Innovation Call initiative aims to support e-mobility in Sub-Saharan Africa, enabling a better supply situation, improved climate protection, and socio-economic development for the continent.
The pre-seed funding that will be provided is to accelerate the growth of visionary African entrepreneurs, startups, and social ventures that are driving uptake and mainstreaming of e-mobility in Africa.
Areas of focus
The E-Mobility Innovation Call 2021 emphasizes four areas of Siemens Stiftung’s Electric Mobility and Circular Economy Program:
- Business development;
- Charging, batteries, and the circular economy;
- Services (apps, customer engagement, delivery services)
To qualify, you must meet the following requirements:
- Registered and legal entity operational in Africa at the time of submission;
- Actively support the empowerment of women;
- Business focus on application and implementation of e-mobility in the African mobility sector;
- A high representation of female employees on the company’s staff;
- Provide financial & accounting details;
- Making a contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals;
- Product and/or service from one of the focus areas from the Siemens Stiftung E-Mobility Program
Benefits of participation
Siemens Stiftung’s E-Mobility Innovation Call advances the most impactful and bankable innovations from African countries. Winners of the contest stand to receive:
-1st prize: 50,000 EUR
-2nd prize: 30,000 EUR
-3rd prize: 20,000 EUR
-4th prize: 10,000 EUR
-5th prize: 10,000 EUR
- Opportunity to pitch their business and products to a wider audience
If you wish to participate in the contest, apply here.
Applications close on Friday, April 30, 2021.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild weekly digest for updates.