The African App Launchpad (AAL) is an initiative aimed at building capacity of Youth from Egypt and other African States to boost the establishment of sustainable startups in the aspect of advanced game technologies and ever-changing app.
Launched in 2018 by Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi, the President of Egypt during the closing ceremony of the World Youth Forum (WYF), the African App Launchpad targets 10,000 young calibers while supporting the establishment of 100 startups in app development and gaming on the continent.
Delivering its crowd-sourcing online content through top learning platforms like edX, Coursera, and Udacity, AAL avails high-quality technology-learning online platform.
Irrespective of what you set to achieve, you can rely on AAL Kickstart your aspirations.
Whether you target to create your own startup or advance to another career, you can rely on the African Launchpad Initiative (AAL) to support your career aspirations.
- The competition track is open to to game and app developers.
- Only startups up to 2 years in operation can apply
- Your team must be made up of more than 2 members.
- Your solution must have a working prototype.
Only applicants from these African countries can participate:
Egypt, Nigeria, Algeria, Angola, Cameroon, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ghana, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritania, Namibia, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, The Gambia, Togo and Uganda.
Benefits of participation
- For each of the two tracks, top 3 winners take away USD 12K, 8K, 4K.
- USD 1K goes to the remaining 24 finalists
- Grindstone will offer a real-time online venture training to the finalists.
- A Microsoft funded GTM Acceleration program delivered by ThinkRoom Consulting for the first place winners
- VC introduction from Microsoft Network across Africa
Eligibility for the financial prizes:
- Participating startups must be legally established
- The business planning course must have been completed by the team
- At least one of the participating team members must be an AAL graduate or learner, who has ended a one-month minimum before bagging the award.
Interested startups can apply here. The deadline for application is Sunday, November 22, 2020.
Featured Image: Opportunitydesk
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild.africa weekly digest for updates.