Most fashion enthusiasts would likely agree that fashion is an eternal cycle in addition to being one of the major creative sectors.
By leaning heavily on technology, startups focused on fashion are disrupting the space with innovative concepts, making efforts to meet demands and ensure maximum user experience for both retailers and customers.
To this end, Tommy Hilfiger has launched a global program that aims to support startups that are revamping the fashion industry and making it more encompassing.
If you’re such an early-stage startup or a venture in its scale-up stage, then here’s your chance to make a difference in the world of fashion. Apply for the next edition of the Tommy Hilfiger Fashion Frontier Challenge.
About the Tommy Hilfiger Fashion Frontier Challenge
This program, launched in 2018, by world-class fashion giant Tommy Hilfiger is an annual event (now in its third year) organized to discover and promote the work of the most creative and impactful fashion startups across the world. It aims to leapfrog the best innovative ideas.
Hinged on Tommy Hilfiger’s sustainability vision, which is Waste Nothing and Welcome All, this year’s program focuses on supporting black, indigenous and people of color (BIPOC) entrepreneurs working to impact their communities and promote inclusiveness in the fashion industry.
The impact can be in various areas such as : (1) Including different consumer groups (2) making products more accessible to retailers and consumers and (3) improving lives in the value chain among others.
Through the Tommy Hilfiger Fashion Frontier Challenge, outstanding entrepreneurs who are not afraid to push boundaries and positively drive change in their communities are provided with funding, training, and mentorship opportunity.
Two stages of business growth are invited to participate in the challenge- early-stage startups and businesses in their scale-up stage.
- If you’re a startup, you must be experimenting with customer segmentation and working toward an overall positive contribution margin.
- Your company must have made some revenue.
- If you’re a scale-up, your business must have a validated product that is product-market fit.
- It must be in its growth mode with clear and sustainable unit economics.
- It must have made revenue for at least a year.
Winners of the Tommy Hilfiger Fashion Challenge 2021 will benefit the following:
- Funding up to €200,000;
- A shot at an extra €15,000 prize for winning the “Audience Favorite Vote”;
- One year mentorship with Tommy Hilfiger’s internal experts globally;
- Access to Tommy Hilfiger’s network brand association;
- Opportunity to join the INSEAD Social Entrepreneurship Program (ISEP);
- One year mentorship with INSEAD.
- Interested applicants are requested to submit their project proposals that focus on building an inclusive fashion value-chain.
- Upon submission, candidates will be narrowed down to six finalists who will be invited to virtually develop their project plans with the support of dedicated Tommy Hilfiger and external subject-matter experts in October 2021.
- After rigorous sessions of coaching from an experienced pitch coach, finalists will pitch their final concept before a prestigious jury panel and associate audience at the global Tommy Hilfiger Fashion Frontier Challenge final event in early 2022.
How to apply
If you’re interested in being a part of the Tommy Hilfiger Fashion Frontier challenge 2021, submit your application here
Application closes on Monday, March 8, 2021. For further questions, send a mail to [email protected] Note the terms and conditions before applying.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild weekly digest for updates.