In partnership with Kobo360 a logistics platform that connects customers to truckers, TechEmerge is on a mission to show how new technology-related business models can ensure temperature-controlled logistics coherent and sustainable in Nigeria.
The challenge was first announced here in December 2020.
TechEmerge seeks innovative solutions which include indigenous solutions that are reliable, sustainable, cost-effective and scalable.
These innovative solutions must be applicable to top local companies ranging from transport/logistics firms, refrigeration unit providers, truck owners and TCL buyers.
TechEmerge will connect top companies in Nigeria with innovators across the globe to pilot a reliable cooling solution that minimizes supply chain losses while reinforcing access to temperature-controlled logistics dependent products.
Selected innovators will get invited for matchmaking with local adopters and this will enable them to pilot their product or service for commercialization in Nigeria, the African continent and beyond.
Benefits of participation
- Access to $1 million in funding to assist pilot projects
- Potential IFC investment for scalable solutions
- Working with top cold chain adopters in different sectors
- Access to a relatively new African TCL market
- Technical support from TechEmerge’s team
- Access to a global network of top advisors
Criteria for participation
- The solution must be inclined with Nigeria’s cooling needs and challenges
- The company must be privately-owned with not more than 50 employees and less than $100M in venture capital funding (Exceptional cases may be applicable)
- Clean and sustainable solution that can offer value for money in the Nigerian market
- Innovation that is already installed in a commercial setting is the priority, however, solution at the product development stage will also get consideration
- Implementation of tests and pilot projects in Nigeria
How TechEmerge will work
- TechEmerge identifies existing gaps in Nigeria’s TCL market by speaking with concerned parties in the TCL space.
- The challenge is launched for innovators around the world to apply
- Proven and high-performing innovators are selected
- Through a carefully selected process, they are matched with local companies
- With TechEmereg support, selected innovators and participating companies perform a pilot test
- If the pilot test is successfully carried out, innovators involved will enter a commercial agreement with the local organization.
You can still apply here.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild.africa weekly digest for updates.