The Swedish Institute She Entrepreneurs Leadership Program for 2021 is open to forward-thinking women entrepreneurs passionate about scaling their ventures to new heights.
If you are one of such innovative women, here’s your chance to join a strong network of other women entrepreneurs across the Middle East and North Africa through this year’s edition of the She Entrepreneurs program.
About She Entrepreneurs Leadership Program
The program, now in its ninth year, is an initiative of the Swedish Institute (SI), a public agency that promotes the creation of a sustainable and gender-equal society across the globe.
Designed as a practical leadership training based on actual business experiences, collaborative learning, and participant-oriented, the program provides tangible tools, insights, and connections for women who want to grow their businesses.
The goal of the program is to enable highly motivated women entrepreneurs in the Middle East and North African (MENA) regions to build scalable and sustainable businesses, thereby creating a meaningful impact in their communities. Over the years, it has contributed to the expansion of many women-owned enterprises.
Benefits of participation
- Opportunity to plan and strategize for participants’ venture in an enabling, collaborative learning environment.
- Personalized mentoring sessions by experts as well as group coaching.
- Increased self-awareness as a leader and deepened knowledge of how to build effective and motivated teams, while also balancing participants’ own work-life and long-term well being.
- Receive training on topics including communication, business development, business innovation, crisis management, growth through partnerships, finance, and funding.
- Gain new perspectives on feasible and sustainable business practices as well as tangible tools for measuring your value creation.
- Access to a strong and active community of like-minded women.
To qualify for the She Entrepreneurs Leadership program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a female entrepreneur with an enterprise that is already operational and ready to expand;
- Be between ages 22 and 45;
- Have the potential to build a financially sustainable business model, generate a positive social impact, and contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals;
- Be based in Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, and Palestine;
- Possess the ability to speak and write English proficiently;
- Be willing to pass on what you’re learning by contributing at least two hours of free mentorship to a junior entrepreneur in your home country during the course of the program.
Scheduled to run for six months, the program consists of interactive online workshops, regular mentor support, and one on-site meeting in Stockholm, Sweden.
Note that the on-site meeting will last for 10 days in Stockholm in October and if the global pandemic situation allows, all necessary precautions will be taken.
- Virtual training (22 April – 2 July 2021)
(1) The training will adopt a practical approach that allows you to apply gained knowledge and insights directly to your business. An online workshop will be organized on different topics every two weeks.
This is to enable you to grow your turnover and operations, build a resilient leadership and team, and increase your social or environmental contribution.
(2) The workshops are led by experienced entrepreneurs and trainers. Joint workshops and smaller learning groups give plenty of opportunities to meet other entrepreneurs in similar situations and to make new connections.
(3) Training commences with a one-hour introduction meeting on April 13, followed by two half-day sessions on April 22-23. The succeeding five seminars will hold every second week for one and a half hours to 2 hours on Friday mornings, plus 1 hour of individual preparations.
- Virtual mentorship (April–September)
As the program begins you will be paired with an individual mentor that will support you throughout the program. You have an opportunity to sign up for optional group mentoring sessions with experts on thematic areas that are requested by other participants.
- Physical meeting in Stockholm (11–20 October 2021)
To be held in Stockholm, Sweden, the purpose of the on-site meeting is to strengthen and expand the network. You will continue to build on your entrepreneurial and leadership skills from workshops, seminars, sessions with mentors, experts, and representatives of the Stockholm entrepreneurial ecosystem.
For the final day, you will pitch your business to an advisory board consisting of senior entrepreneurs and business advisors.
Expenses covered and arranged by the Swedish Institute
- Accommodation, food, and domestic transport during the program in Stockholm
- Flight tickets to and from on-site meeting in Stockholm
- Insurance covering severe illness and accident when in Sweden
- Training and content
- Visa charges exceeding 500 SEK (approx USD 60)
Expenses covered and arranged by you
- Domestic travel in your home country
- Visa charges below 500 SEK (approx USD 60)
- Application date is between January 6, 2021, and February 2, 2021
- Evaluation of application is from February 3, 2021, to February 23, 2021
- The interview date falls between March 8, 2021, and March 19, 2021
- Admission date: March 24, 2021
To apply for the She Entrepreneurs Leadership program, you need to take the following steps:
- Fill in the application form here
- Log in to the registration portal here
- After logging in, you’ll be asked to provide your biodata and contact details of a referee (in English)
- Upload your updated CV
- Upload a passport photograph (this is not compulsory)
Applications close on Tuesday, February 2, 2021. Please, be advised that only applicants who have submitted a complete application will be considered for the program.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild weekly digest for updates.