SEO almost certainly ranks among those easy things that you can conveniently do for your page to enhance its rankings on search engines, provide your readers a much improved experience, and draw more traffic to your own site. The other ingredient is perceptibly good content.
It’s essential to remember that in the final analysis what is likely to occur with your page entirely depends upon you and you alone. So when you are in the process of creating content, working on some product review or an article, it’s imperative to keep the basics of SEO on your mind at all times. Writing effective SEO-friendly content is not really as tiresome as it may otherwise seem, as long as the following rules are not ignored.
1. Make the URL of your page short as well as ensure that your keyword is contained therein.
2. Make use of the keyword in your title, ensuring that it is as close as possible to the very start. For instance, as you may have noticed, the keyword of this article is ‘SEO’, which is also the first word used for its title.
3. Never shun from using videos, charts and images. These normally help in engaging your visitors over a longer period of time, which, incidentally, is an extremely good thing for your page.
4. Add as many outbound links as reasonably practicable. It’s first and foremost your readers that it is about, and not you. So, offer them quality information as well as appropriate directions to sources that are relevant. As it happens, this will also serve excellently for the rankings of your page.
5. Make use of the keyword in the first paragraph of your article, preferably in your first 50 to 100 words.
6. The title of your article has greater significance. So, ensure that Google becomes aware of that with the inclusion of an ‘H1 Tag’.
7. Make things move faster. No one has the time to wait while your page loads. Make sure that the code is cleaned up and the images properly optimised. It would be better still if you started making use of a CDN, as everyone loves Cloudflare, which comes with a completely free plan, no strings attached.
8. Make modifications to your title with addition of words such as ‘guide’, ‘review’ or ‘best’, in order to obtain better rankings for your keyword’s long-tail adaptations.
9. Other than just serving as an effective hint to your readers, the addition of buttons for social sharing on your page also makes it a lot more convenient for them to easily share your great content with their friends and fans.
10. Make an extra effort to produce longer articles, with the preferred absolute minimum of 300 to 350 words, at the very least.
Finally, to cut your bounce rate, keep the readers engaged. Write persuasive copy, use pictures and clean up designs. Your SEO is never complete without the addition of LSI keywords, which are also called the related keywords. These are most loved by search engines.
Image Credit: eugenoprea.com