PayPal is one of the world’s largest financial service providers for online payment.
It is a globally accepted means to send and receive funds, pay bills and shop online from various e-commerce stores.
Do you want to make or receive funds with your Paypal account, this article will get you covered.
Below is what you need to know about sending and receiving money with Paypal in Nigeria. Do
Does PayPal work In Nigeria?
Yes, PayPal works in Nigeria. You can open a personal account to send money, pay bills or shop online.
You can also open its business account to receive funds online in Nigeria.
How to Open PayPal Account
Follow these steps to create a PayPal account in Nigeria
- Decide on the account type you want to open- a personal or business account.
- Then, visit PayPal’s website to create your desired account. For personal, you can go to the personal creation page while for business, go to the business creation page.
- Fill in the account opening form, then, confirm your email your address
At this point, your account is active! You can start sending money with your account or make any online transaction. Easy right?
How to Send Money with PayPal in Nigeria
- Login into your account
- Then, click on send payment on the top menu of the website
- Enter the details of the recipients such as name and email
- Enter the amount you want to send and the payment option
- Once you are ready, click on the send button!
- You can also transfer funds via invoice. Here, you request an invoice from the recipient
- Then, wait until the invoice appears in your account before making any payment
- Finally, if you need to make active payments like Facebook ads, subscriptions to themes etc, you can set up your pre-approved payments. Setting up a pre-approved payment allows funds to be deducted automatically without you needing to do it manually.
How to receive Money with Paypal in Nigeria
To be able to receive funds with your account, you need to adhere to the guidelines
- Open a PayPal business account. Individuals are not allowed to receive funds with their personal account
- Then, set up your payment on your website. Read and follow the instructions in your account on how to set this up on your website to enable you to receive payments from clients.
- You can send an invoice with your business account to your clients or request for funds from your customers.
- Also, you can use your PayPal email to receive money from customers.
Why Consider PayPal?
PayPal is the world’s most secure online platform for online payment. It is widely accepted in up to 200 countries.
Unlike other online payment platforms, it is easy to use. You can add numerous cards to your account for ease of payment.
Besides, it is free to use. You can get discounts on a regular from big organizations around the globe.
If you experience any strange transaction delays or have any complaints, you can reach out to the platform’s desk via the following details:
- Phone number: 1-402-517-4519
- Active hours:6:00 am PT – 6:00 pm PT from Monday to Sunday
- You as well use the live chat feature from its message centre. However, you need to be logged into your account to use it.
Alternative List for Online Payment in Nigeria
There are tons of other platforms to pay or receive funds online in Nigeria, but only a few are reliable, secure and fast.
Some of them include the following:
- Bank Wire
- Western Union
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild.africa weekly digest for updates.