The Amahoro Coalition is pleased to announce a call for applications for the Amahoro Fellowship Program.
The Amahoro Fellowship program targets exceptional individuals with lived experience as Forcibly Displaced Persons (FDPs).
The 12-month program will give FDP leaders a platform to cultivate and disseminate their ideas on the world stage, expand their networks, seize numerous professional opportunities, and unite as a collaborative and impactful Cohort.
The potential of FDP entrepreneurs and change agents is undeniably inspiring. As a network of change agents working towards positive and long-lasting ecosystems and systemic shifts, Fellows will have the power to make a real difference in the world.
The Fellows will utilize their voices, skills, expertise, and innovations to catalyze solutions in Africa and globally. Collaboration and creation of this magnitude are exactly what the world needs to create lasting change.
Amahoro’s program is tailored to reflect Africa’s socio-economic context to cultivate the acumen in entrepreneurship and leadership needed for success.
The program offers bespoke courses that enable fellows to acquire invaluable erudition, hone their distinct aptitudes, and conceive pioneering strategies to flourish. Fellows will also have the opportunity to participate in a competitive funding process where they can secure up to $100,000 to scale their impact.
The program’s ultimate objective is to equip FDPs with the self-sufficiency and fortitude to steer social and economic progress competently.
What are the core fellowship elements?
- Thought Leadership Development
- Targeted Funds
- Industry and Private Sector Connections
- Training, Coaching, and Mentorship
Eligibility for participation
- Above the age of 18 before the time of application and below the age of 35 years
- Own or occupy a leadership position in a business or social impact initiative. Individuals using their voices and platforms for positive change will also be considered.
- Have an interest in and made significant traction in entrepreneurship, innovation and/or social change; must have proof of your enterprise or social change activities
- Identify as an African who is forcibly displaced or has a background as a forcibly displaced individual.
- Possess the capacity to gather comprehensive information on complex challenges, and the ability to evaluate and analyze information accurately in order to identify key issues and offer viable solution.
- Have the drive, ambition, and interest to find new ways to solve complex challenges
- Have the drive to build international linkages and collaborate across perspectives with others from different regions of sub-Saharan Africa and the diaspora
- Exhibit budding entrepreneurial spirit and have an interest in expanding their work
- Be comfortable with using English as a main language of communication.
- Be available and willing to dedicate 12 months from October 2023 to October 2024, committing between 10 to 15 hours per week of hands-on virtual workshops and activities.
How to apply
Click here to apply. The deadline for application for the Amahoro Fellowship is Monday, July 31. 2023.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild weekly digest for updates