The Facebook AI Research (FAIR) Residency Program will take individuals through a one-year research training with Facebook’s AI Research group.
The program was designed to provide a direct hand experience in machine learning research.
During the course of the program, participants would get assigned to senior engineers who will play the role of mentors.
The pairing will afford participants the opportunity to pick and work on a research problem, then go ahead to provide a new but deep learning technique to get the challenge solved.
Facebook will then communicate the carried out research to the academic community as it will submit the papers to top academic spaces including NIPS, ICML, ICLR.
The Facebook AI Research program prepares participants for graduate programs in the field of machine learning.
However, it is a full-time program that can’t be taken alongside any other commitment.
Eligibility for Facebook AI Research program
FAIR requires prior experience in machine learning, however, potential applicants from the following areas are also welcomed: bioinformatics, physics, finance, maths, economics.
Here is a list of the other criteria for participation:
- BSc in STEM-related fields (Mathematics,, Computer Science, Physics, Statistics and Electrical Engineering
- Good knowledge of Calculus, Probability, and Linear Algebra
- Coding knowledge especially in C/C++ or Python
- Experience with deep learning platforms ( TensorFlow, Caffe, PyTorch and Theano)
- Research experience in machine learning or AI
- Significant contributions to open-source projects
- Proven track record of scholastic excellence
Benefits of participation
- Residents participants will be paid a competitive salary
- Gain more knowledge in performing research in deep learning and AI.
- Collaborate with mentors in identifying problems of interest to design AI techniques
- Get their papers submitted to top academic bodies
How to Apply
Individuals that have satisfied the aforementioned requirements can go ahead to apply here.
The deadline for application is Sunday, January 31, 2021.
The residency program commences August 2021 and ends August 2022
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild.africa weekly digest for updates.