Applications are open for the Huawei HMS App Innovation Contest. If you are a talented developer across the Middle East and Africa, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and China, this is an opportunity to showcase your skills and win prizes.
The HMS App Innovation Contest seeks to inspire innovative developers to build seamless, smart, and innovative digital experiences, and explore the future of digital intelligence.
By featuring HMS open capabilities, the contest will equip app developers with the tools to build tomorrow’s interconnected world.
Huawei, the organizers of the contest, has set aside US$1 million from its Shining Star Program as prize money for the winners.
US$200,000 will be allocated for the top 20 apps in the Middle East and Africa. The awards are categorized below:
- Best App x 2 US$15,000
- Best Game x 2 US$15,000
- Most Social Impact Award x 3 US$15,000
- Tech Women’s Award x 1 US$5,000
- Best HMS Core Innovation Award x 2 US$5,000
- All-Scenario Coverage Award x 1 US$5,000
- Excellent Student Award x 3 US$5,000
- Honorable Mention Award x 5 US$3,000
Interestingly, this year’s competition also includes a new category- Tech Women’s Award. This, in addition to Huawei Women Developers, is geared at supporting and encouraging women in tech.
Winners are also eligible to receive the following:
- Huawei AppGallery promotional resources;
- Huawei cloud resources;
- Exclusive incentives for paid HMS Core capabilities, among others.
How to apply
- Participants must register an account on the official competition website.
- Sign up as either an individual or as a team of up to three members.
- All Apps must be developed integrating HMS Core and submitted on the same website before August 20, 2021.
The judging panel will review the submitted works based on social value, business value, user experience, and originality. 20 outstanding works from each region will be selected for the public review to vote their favorites on the HMS App Innovation Contest official website or Huawei AppGallery.
Applications submission end on Friday, August 20, 2021. Click here to register.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild weekly digest for updates.