The Wennovation Hub Ideas to Business pre-incubation program is focused on Nigerian female founders and businesses.
The program is set to select 50 female entrepreneurs and startup founders for a 4-month pre-incubation program commencing in the month of February.
The selected female enterprises must have investment potential. The Ideas to Business program will take place in Lagos and Abuja with two cohorts being pre-incubated at the same time in both cities.
The Ideas to Business program is sponsored by Afrilabs and it will see both cities pre-incubate 25 female entrepreneurs each.
Benefits of participation
The selected female-led business will get:
- Networking opportunities with industry experts, coaches, local and global startup mentors
- Capacity building for their businesses to enhance investment and sustainability
- Up to 80% of the selected startups will have access to Wennovation Hub acceleration program.
Criteria for application
- Early-stage female entrepreneurs
- Participants must be between 16 and 40
- Attend at least 80% of the Wennovation Hub program
- Only female-led businesses can apply and the representative must be female
- Only Nigerian based businesses can apply
- Female businesses that have gained tractions, however, businesses at the idea stage may also apply.
What Wennovation hub offers
Its co-workspaces are structured to drive innovation while leveraging on our vibrant community to enhance collaboration, service-swapping and networking of emerging ideas across various creative sectors.
Wennovation I&A programs help entrepreneurs take their product or service to the next level – this includes guidance from industry veterans with a broad knowledge of the sectors and opportunities for seed funding.
To achieve sustainable development, Wennovation is driven by robust processes geared towards empowering innovators and entrepreneurs to develop and launch solutions to solve real-world problems, faster.
The hub is driven by a genuine zeal to support innovations by following an interactive bottom-up approach that relies heavily on co-operation, mentorship, industry knowledge-sharing and general advisory support.
How to apply
Any Female-led business based in Nigeria can apply here. The deadline for application is Sunday, January 31, 2021.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild.africa weekly digest for updates.