Globally, entrepreneurial development is recognized as one of the most effective tools for ending poverty and achieving sustainable development in any economy.
Women all over the world continue to push the boundaries of entrepreneurship, earning their place as integral contributors to household incomes as well as national economic growth.
The story is not so different in Nigeria as women-owned businesses are evolving in different sectors such as agriculture, textile, information technology, among others. Hence, it is not surprising that women in Nigeria account for over 41% of the ownership of micro-businesses in the country based on a PWC report.
How can Nigerian women-owned micro-businesses grow into scalable and sustainable ones? This issue among others is what She Leads Africa, a Pan-African platform, aims to address through its High Growth Coaching Program.
In light of this, Nigerian female-led startups in any sector are invited to apply for the three-month program that provides growth-focused entrepreneurs with coaching and support to scale their businesses.
About the program
The High Growth Coaching program is an initiative of She Leads Africa, a community that is on a mission to help young African women launch and succeed in their ventures.
In collaboration with Work in Progress! Alliance- a Consortium Of Oxfam, Butterfly Works, and VC4A -She Leads Africa offers female founders expert advice and opportunities for networking.
The program is on the lookout for 2 categories of entrepreneurs:
- Entrepreneurs who are interested in positioning their businesses to receive external funding either from the program or from other external investors. If you belong in this category, you will be required to submit a pitch deck during the application process.
- Entrepreneurs who are looking to rapidly grow and scale their businesses within 6 months. For this, you will be required to submit a growth strategy plan during the application process.
Selected startups will get access to 18 masterclasses on crucial business skills with top business experts, and have the chance to win exciting rewards to support their business.
To qualify, you must be:
- A female with a business based or operational in any part of Nigeria.
Participants stand to receive the following:
- Access to three months of intensive training on business and operational skills;
- Access to a private community of high achieving founders;
- Access to support programs including monthly virtual support group meetings, bi-weekly graded personalized scorecards, and support in creating a roadmap of tangible business goals;
- Mentoring and check-in calls with a personal business coach once a month;
- Opportunity to present their business to local and international investors.
To apply for She Leads Africa’s High Growth Coaching program, register here.
Entries close on Friday, May 28, 2021.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild weekly digest for updates.