Word allows you to customize the bullets on your bullet lists using various symbols and colors. It is, nonetheless, also possible to use your own picture as the bullets. This can be easily done by simply following the steps outlined below:
- Highlight the bulleted list
- On ‘Home’ tab, in the ‘Paragraph’ section, look for the ‘Bullets’ button and click the down arrow
- On the drop down menu that opens up, click ‘Define New Bullet’
- On the dialog box that emerges click ‘Picture’
- An ‘Insert Pictures’ dialog box comes up. Here you can pick pictures ‘From a file’ on the computer or local network, from ‘Bing Image Search’ or from ‘One Drive’
- On the ‘Preview’, you can see the picture being used as bullets for your listNote that simple graphics with transparent backgrounds are the best, since the picture will be compressed to a very small size.
Note that simple graphics with transparent backgrounds are the best, since the picture will be compressed to a very small size.