The Future is Female Mentorship Program has selected twenty-five (25) female-led startups in Africa to offer insights on the basics of running communications and PR.
Launched in 2020, the aim of the program is to help African women with tech startups serving African markets or Africans in the diaspora understand how to leverage this knowledge to earn wider visibility to build their brand.
The mentorship program is the brainchild of C. Moore Media International Public Relations, a PR agency based in the United States with a focus on African markets.
In its inaugural edition, the program selected 12 startups but has increased to 25 this year from a total of 180 entries it received.
Claudine Moore, the Managing Director and Founder of the PR agency, alongside the Founder of AfricaCommsWeek will lead the 3-month masterclass for the selected startups.
Some of the course content includes: corporate storytelling, creating a communications plan, media relations and lots more.
Here are the twenty-five selected female-founded startups:
- Tale Alimi (Owoafara)
- Wunmi Akinsola (Fashtracker)
- Adaobi Eneh (RoboRep)
- Kosi Ejieji (MyChassis)
- Joanne Osuchukwu (Hlink)
- Ibironke Yekinni (Testify)
- Ifedolapo Lawal (Afrinovate Technology)
- Olarenwaju Erogbogbo (Doing Good Work in Africa)
- Siyanda Mpambani (Pink Torque Projects)
- Thato Schermer (Zoie Health)
- Noxolo Fani (Platform Excel)
- Gugu Kheswa (Hello Africa Travel)
- Joshna Nagar (APJ Technologies)
- Eva Barasa (Valley Hub)
- Nisingizwe Joselyn (Smart Ikigega Project)
- Cathy Chepkemboi (Tushop)
- Nancy Passiany (Veesh Africa)
Others with one selected startup each include:
- Selma Ndi Ekfvei, Data Girl Technologies (Cameroon)
- Prisca Magori, Tenten Explore (Tanzania)
- Rebecca Nanono, Shetechtive (Uganda)
- Heba Eldessouky, As Good As New (Egypt)
- Marly Diallo, BRT Energy (Guinea)
- Setsabile Mkhabela, Boast-ID (Eswatini)
- Fatou Gning, Amal Crowdfunding (Senegal)
- Nadege Bolingo, Connecticut Institute for Social Entrepreneurship (DRC)
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild weekly digest for updates
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to blockbuild weekly digest for updates