Entries for the Technovation Girls Challenge 2021 are open to young females from all over the world who desire to learn and apply the skills needed to solve real-world problems through technology.
What’s the Technovation Girls Challenge?
Technovation Girls is an annual global tech initiative that is designed to inspire girls and families to be leaders and problem-solvers in their lives and their community. Participants are trained to create solutions to community problems.
As a student you will:
- Identify a problem that affects your community
- Learn to code an app that addresses the problem, and develop other skills throughout the course of the program
- Collaborate with peers and learn from industry mentors
Technovation Girls mentors support the next generation of global problem-solvers.
As a mentor you will:
- Guide one or more teams along their learning journey
- Develop skills while aspiring girls to lead and make change
- Network and share best practices with peers from Salesforce, Google, Cisco, Adobe, HSBC, GM, AT&T, & more
What are the requirements?
To participate in the Technovation Girls Challenge 2021, you must create or join a team on the online platform, get a parent/guardian’s signature on the consent form and meet the following requirements:
- You must be between the ages of 10 to 18 as of August 1, 2021.
- You must identify as female, trans, nonbinary, or gender nonconforming. Students who are assigned male at birth and self-identify as a male cannot enter the competition.
- Teams are composed of 1 to 5 students. Although students can only join 1 team, however, there is no limit on the number of mentors per team.
- Competition divisions are based on the age of the oldest student on the team.
- Students can participate in Technovation Girls for multiple seasons until they reach the age of 18
- Students can work with the same team members and mentors, but they cannot submit the same materials to competition over multiple years.
- Teams can explore the same problem, but the app prototype must be different each year.
It is recommended that applicants start working on their projects now so as to have enough time to build their innovative solutions. Submissions are now open.
Registrations for the Technovation Girls Challenge 2021 close on Friday, March 12, 2021. Note that the deadline applies to students and mentors. To formally apply as a team, click here.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild weekly digest for updates.