Canvas LMS is an open and reliable cloud-based learning management system that allows learning institutions, educators and students to create, access and manage online learning materials while receiving feedback about teaching impact and learning progress.
Canvas LMS is specifically designed for K-5 up to higher education institutions and offers complete LMS functionality for online learning including course content authoring, standards-based grade books, mobile communication, customizable student assessments, etc.
Simply put, Canvas LMS provides tools for teaching staff to develop and administer course websites for the benefit of learners.
Also read, Review: Learning Management Systems (LMSs)
It gives complete and high-quality mobile learning experiences to educators, students, and parents by allowing them to share and receive updates, view key information, or submit results from anywhere through mobile apps.
Canvas LMS can be used alongside an institution’s existing teaching tools while also giving them the liberty to add new functionalities to their platform.
This allows them customize courses and monitor engagement with classes or individual students.
Benefits and features of Canvas
Canvas has powerful teaching and learning tools including content management (files, links, library integration), interactive assessments, discussion forums, blogs, learning analytics, etc.
- Gives students comprehensive feedback on their assignments and quizzes submissions using SpeedGrader.
- Facilitate quick course interactions via chat and communicate course news and updates with students.
- Automatically publish course files and media
- Strong cloud-hosting
- Scalable and reliable
- Support – phone, email, or chat, including training and one-on-one sessions
- Track students’ skill development and learning achievements.
- Educators and learners can access Canvas on a mobile device from the Canvas Teacher, Canvas Student, and Canvas Parent apps.
- Educators can gain greater insight into students’ successes and make informed decisions using data provided in Canvas Analytics
- Access to app library which offers a wide array of interactive resources.
In addition to its many beneficial features, Canvas LMS assigns users based on roles while giving institutions the liberty to add more roles based on their needs. Some of the roles include:
Admins: They have access to add course enrollments, create user accounts, and manage institutional grading periods.
Designers: They can create and manage content and at the same time, review course analytics to identify areas for improvement in teaching and learning.
Instructors: Instructors review students’ course progress and assess their achievements.
Observers: Parents can review and communicate with instructors about their wards’ course progress in courses, assignments, submissions and grades.
Anyone can use Canvas LMS. It is now left for institutions to enroll their students on the platform and take advantage of what it has to offer which, from our judgment, is a whole lot.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to edbuild daily digest for updates