The Humanitarian Education Accelerator (HEA) program led by UNHCR supports promising humanitarian education innovations moving from successful pilots to programs that can execute on a full scale.
In countries with low resources, the urgent need to identify and bring to scale solutions that can address tough challenges around humanitarian education is becoming more pressing.
Currently, the insights around what works in this sector of education and how to make it scale is limited in information.
Owing to this lack of information, decision-makers and education practitioners do not often make the right decisions even with scarce resources at their disposal.
Eventually, meaningful decisions that can scale aren’t being carried out.
The HEA program aims to bridge the gaps in the scaling abilities through acquiring capacity building, cohort establishment and mentorship.
Through this approach, the HEA will be solving the following:
Support organizations in creating a strong collaboration with governments, donors and practitioners for scalability.
Focus on monitoring, evaluation and learning, thereby providing targeted assistance for the organizations to scale.
Create a community where knowledge can be captured and lessons get shared on how to scale humanitarian education innovations.
Investment in research that will create evidence on how to scale humanitarian education innovations.
- This is the application call for Phase II of the program for organizations in three African countries (Chad, Ethiopia and Uganda) and two from the Middle East (Jordan and Lebanon)
- The program will not fund either new or untested innovations. Organizations must have proof of concept and are ready to transit beyond the pilot phase.
- Participant’s organization must have the financial and human resources to support the scaling process.
- Your innovation must offer a solution that can solve an education challenge within an emergency situation.
Benefits of the program
- $200,000 grand prize
- Capacity building and partnership
- Mentorship with monitoring and evaluation
How to apply
If your organization is operating within any of the five countries stated above, then go ahead to apply here.
The deadline for the Humanitarian Education Accelerator application is Friday, January 15, 2021
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild.africa weekly digest for updates.