Women Who Tech is inviting women-led tech startups in Africa, Europe, and North America to apply for its Emerging Tech Grant Program.
About the program
The Emerging Tech Grant Program is the initiative of Women Who Code, a network of women-led startups, investors, and allies promoting diversity and funding in tech.
Recognizing that startups play a pivotal role in driving innovative solutions that will impact the future, the Emerging Tech Grant was launched to fund innovative women-led startups that are developing cutting-edge solutions to challenges facing the globe.
To qualify, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Your startup must be based in Africa, Europe, or North America;
- You must be a woman-led startup, or have one woman founder/co-founder on the team;
- You must be a technical founder or have one as a co-founder;
- You cannot have closed more than $5 million from multiple sources;
- You must ensure that your startups fit within the eligible fields such as Agritech/Food tech, AI, Blockchain, Cybersecurity, Cleantech, Edtech, Fintech, Future of Work, Hardware, Healthtech, IoT, Logistics, Machine Learning, Robotics, SaaS, and VR;
- Your product must be in beta or already launched to the public. The only exception to this rule is for Agri Tech/Food Tech, Robotics, and Logistics startups which must either be in prototype phase (an initial model built to test your product; it is not just a design or a wireframe);
- Your startup must be tech-driven allowing the company to grow rapidly on a large scale in a manner that traditional, independent small businesses cannot. Note that this doesn’t include hosting a blog, selling products on your website, or using social media in your marketing.
Benefits of participation
Five winners of the Emerging Tech Grant Program will receive:
- Innovation Grant of up to $15, 000
- Impact Grant of up to $5,000
- Personalized pitch coaching
Applications close on Friday, February 19, 2021. Click here to register for the Emerging Tech Grant Program. For further information, visit this page.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild weekly digest for updates.