The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) calls on all African youth-led organizations to submit their proposals to the Youth Solidarity Fund (YSF).
The YSF assists organizations led by youths in fostering an inclusive and peaceful society through the provision of funds.
Basically, YSF supports innovative projects that can promote interfaith and intercultural dialogue on the African continent.
The awards grant is up to USD 25,000 for the selected project that can demonstrate the aforementioned project.
Criteria for participation
Basically participating youth organizations must be transparent, accountable and not involved in discriminatory practices.
They are to then fulfill the following criteria:
- Must be a member of a youth-led organization
- The youth-led organization must have its key position held by youths within the age of 18-35
- With the exception of national youth councils, the organization must be nin-governmental and must be registered as a foundation, trust fund or charity
- Must have been operational and registered for a minimum of 2 years before the time of application
- The Organization must be operational in one of the eligible countries ( check the list here)
- Must have a structure in democratic governance and consultative processes that can formulate policies with members
- Ability to demonstrate monitoring and evaluation of their activities
- The Organization must show a strong gender balance in their membership activities
- Must not have obtained any previous YSF or UNAOC-BMW Intercultural Innovation Award.
Note: Applicants who have previously applied for YSF but weren’t selected can apply for this one.
Also note that project proposals coming from non-youth led organizations, unregistered groups of youth, or government organizations won’t be considered eligible for funding.
Eligibility criteria for YSF projects
The following must be fulfilled for proposal projects to be considered:
- The Project must be developed by the youth involved
- The Project must target gender balance among youth
- The project must contribute to UNAOC mandate of promoting a social inclusive world
- The Project Coordinator must be between the ages of 18 and 35
- Project implementation must take place within
- The proposed budget will have 90% of costs associated with direct project activities and only up to 10% of it will cover Project Coordinator’s salary/fees. Office rent cost, utilities and purchase of technical equipment (e.g. computers, copiers, printers, cameras, telephones, etc.) cannot be part of the budget;
- Organization must attach a copy of a registration certificate to their application form and can be submitted in the original language of the country, the project is taking place.
Note that for a complete and valid consideration, the application package must contain the following:
- A copy of the statutes/by-laws
- Project coordinator’s passport identification page and resume (2 pages maximum)
How to apply
Interested youth-led organizations can apply here. The deadline for application is Sunday, January 31, 2021
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild.africa weekly digest for updates.