Are you a young African entrepreneur who has developed an innovative solution with a demonstrated positive impact on the achievement of the SDGs on the continent? If yes, then apply now for the Africa Youth SDG Innovation Award.
The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA), through for Southern Africa (SRO-SA) in partnership with the African Youth SDG Summit and AfriLabs is showcasing the innovation potential of young African entrepreneurs.
The award aims to recognize and reward outstanding young entrepreneurial efforts, that have successfully developed an innovation to resolve a specific development problem for firms, governments, households and communities and with an impact on the achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Benefits of participation
- The 6 winners will present their innovation at the African Youth SDG Summit holding in Lusaka, Zambia in August 2023. All expenses are paid by ECA.
- The winners will also be invited to participate in-person training on innovation that ECA SROSA will organize for SMEs during 2023-2024. All expenses are paid by ECA.
- ECA SRO-SA will also sponsor the costs of their travel and participation in the Africa Tech Festival in Cape Town, South Africa, November 14-16, 2023.
The Africa Youth SDG Innovation Award is open to:
- Any individual of African nationality who was between the age of 18 to 35 as of 31st December 2022
- Who has designed an innovative product or designed an innovative process to resolve a specific development problem for society, and with a demonstrated impact on the achievement of the SDGs. The innovation may have been commercialized or is about to be commercialized.
- The innovative product or innovative process must be original and must have been developed no earlier than 31st December 2016.
How to apply
Click here to apply. The deadline for application is Sunday, June 11, 2023.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild.africa weekly digest for updates.