The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) is offering $25,000 and $10,000 in training to Africans with innovative ideas, brilliant startups and growing businesses.
Regardless, of its size i.e idea or an established business, the scheme is made to act as an assistant for the easy assessability of funds.
With a reach to target audience citizens from 54 member countries in the African Union. A training of $10,000 and a grant of $25,000 for selected 5,000 participants.
Eligibility for participation
- The age range for participation is 16-65
- Each participant must have a valid national means of identification
- Only bonafide citizens of an African country are eligible for application
- Participants must have at least finished secondary or a high school education
- Availability of devices for initiation of video conferencing calls
B.I.S grants are set to entrust Africans to achieve in their specified sectors, regardless of the intimidating economy.
The program is efficient to provide the African participants with financing, training, and mentorship.
The process to acquire the grant is in three stages.
- Application StageFirstly, applicants have to apply via the online form. Within 4-5 working days, an applicant should either receive positive or negative feedback from the assessment team.
- Interview StageApplicants who received positive feedbacks will have a virtual with a United Nations assessment representative. Within 48-72 hours, applicants should expect the interview results.
- Verification StageFinalist shall go through a procedure of detailed verification before any disbursement can commence
Steps to applications
- All applications go through the application portal online
- Choose between ‘inceptor’ and ‘custodian’. An inceptor represents a person who has an idea, plan, or proposal but is yet to effect it into a business. A custodian represents a person who controls an existing startup or business
- Fill the form accurately and anticipate feedback within 4-5 working days.
- Participants with positive feedback should make essential preparations for an online interview.
Criteria for selection
The criteria used in evaluating and awarding grants include:
- Financials: How the grants funds will contribute to the growth of your idea, startup, or business.
- Integrity: The information on your application should be filled with accuracy because all applicant claims shall be verified
- Team: Explain why you and your team (if any) is best equipped to carry out your idea, startup, or business
- Broader Impact: During the interview, share how the grant funds would influence your society
How to apply
Interested individuals for UNECA can apply here. The deadline for application is Friday, September 24, 2021.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild.africa weekly digest for updates.