The UN FAO International Innovation has opened its award programs for Sustainable Food and Agriculture 2021.
The award program is open to individuals, private firms or institutions under these two categories:
- Category A: This category awards excellence in digitization and innovation for sustainable food systems
- Category B: This category awards innovation that empowers youth in sustainable food systems.
In alignment with the 2030 agenda for sustainable development goals, the candidates should demonstrate the importance of applying innovation in food transformation via food security improvement and nutrition for all.
Benefits of the award
Selected winners in the UN FAO program stand to gain:
- $30,000 for excellence in digitization and innovation for sustainable food systems
- $30,000 for an innovation that empowers youth in agriculture and food systems
- A document containing the achievements of the recipient
Eligibility for participation
- Participants can be individual, private firms or institutions that has demonstrated efficiency to enhance the promotion of sustainable food and agriculture.
- The innovations to be considered must have been validated successfully
- Innovations must be aligned to pastoral and agriculture systems only as required by the Federal Office of Agriculture of Switzerland.
- Applications from participants under the age of 18 will not be considered
Award for digitization and innovation for sustainable food systems:
From farmers to consumers, the innovation must have an impact on more than one level of the supply chain
By tracking sustainability features of traded food and agriculture products on labels, the links between farmers and consumers can be strengthened.
Award for innovations that empower youth in sustainable food systems:
This category of innovation must reinforce the participation of under 35 youth for sustainable food systems.
Applicable innovation must be scalable
Innovation must have value for money
Must have potential benefit with long-lasting impact
How to apply
Participants from anywhere across the world can apply to this email – innovation-Award[at]fao.org by filling the form here.
The deadline for application is Friday, March 19, 2021.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild.africa weekly digest for updates.