Applications are now open for the THRIVE Academy Agri-Food Tech Pre-Accelerator Program to support idea-stage and pre-seed stage startups in the agri-food tech sector.
The THRIVE Academy is a 12-week agrifood tech pre-accelerator program for idea-stage entrepreneurs, early-stage startups and researchers looking to commercialize their innovations.
The immersive program will help you de-risk and validate your idea while preparing you to raise capital alongside building your go-to-market strategy.
Benefits of participation
Through THRIVE Academy you’ll receive the tools and support to build a company foundation for scalable growth:
- Acceleration: The program is specifically designed to kickstart your entrepreneurial journey and accelerate rapid progress towards commercial outcomes.
- Mentorship: They’ll match you with mentors from the extensive network of industry insiders, corporates, alumni and investors.
- Investment Readiness: They’ll teach you the fundamentals of what founders need to be investment ready ensuring your highest chance at success when you seek outside funding.
- Validation: They’ll help you test and validate your idea and make fast informed de-risked decisions that minimize your risk.
- Smart Farm Access: You’ll have an opportunity to access Old’s College Smart Farm & other PSI’s to evaluate, demonstrate, and validate your developing technology.
- Accelerator Opportunities: Selected startups will have the opportunity to graduate into THRIVE’s Canada or Global Accelerator programs.
Who should apply?
They’re looking for promising founders with innovative ideas, specifically, they are looking for:
- Pre-seed – Seed Stage agrifood tech companies
- Researchers or university teams looking to commercialize a technology
- Early-stage innovators with groundbreaking ideas for agri-food tech
How to apply
Click here to apply. The deadline for application is Friday, January 12, 2024.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild.africa weekly digest for updates.