TechGirls connects and supports the next generation of women leaders in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics by providing them access and opportunities to advance their skills and pursue their dreams.
The core of the program is a 27-day experience in the United States in partnership with Virginia Tech University (tentatively scheduled for July 2022).
TechGirls participate in an interactive technology and computer camp, then travel to one of the following cities (Austin, Chicago, Cincinnati, Denver, Detroit, Portland or Seattle) for job shadowing at a tech company, and homestay and community service experiences.
The TechGirls programming yields a multiplier effect as participants return home to educate their peers and create community based projects.
Requirements for participation
- Participants must be between the ages of 15 and 17 at the start of the exchange July 7th, 2022
- Have demonstrated advanced skills and a serious interest in technology, engineering, and/or math in their academic studies
- Intend to pursue higher education and/or careers in technology
- Have strong English language skills
- Exhibit maturity, flexibility, and open-mindedness
- Will attend at least one additional semester of secondary school upon their return to their home country
- Are committed to completing a community-based project upon their return home.
The TechGirls program covers the following costs:
- Visa Fee
- Roundtrip international airfare from participant home country to the United States
- Housing during program
- Double occupancy dormitory accommodations
- Meals during program
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Local transportation to group program events
- Cultural events organized by Legacy International
- Emergency health insurance
How to apply
Interested participants can apply here. The deadline for application is Saturday, January 15, 2021.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild weekly digest for updates