Get your idea exposed to 7 leading food corporations and gain the chance of a pilot or investment. The match-making contest finds you the right partner to scale up. Apply now for the Sustainable Food Solutions Challenge 2024.
Combining supply-side actions such as efficient production, transport, and processing with demand-side interventions such as modification of food choices, and reduction of food loss and waste, can reduce Green House Gas emissions, and help feed the planet’s projected 9.8 billion population in 2050.
MassChallenge believes startups and corporations can help this effort. Startups can play a unique role in bringing new disruptive ideas to the table. Corporations can play a critical role in scaling these ideas and bringing benefits to society quickly.
The partners: Bühler Group, Givaudan, Nestlé, dsm-firmenich, Louis Dreyfus Company, Omya, and Südzucker, are looking for startups or scaleups, with proven solutions or technologies in the areas of Sustainable Food & Feed Solutions, Sustainable Supply Chain & Manufacturing, Sustainable Packaging & Materials, and Agri Tech.
Benefits for participation
All startups participating in the Challenge will get:
- A direct pathway to multi-national corporations
- The ability to scale your technology with them
- Publicity and more connections
They are looking for startups and scaleups that:
- Have a product or idea at the prototype stage or with a working proof of concept backed by data
- Are a strategic fit with the partners
- Are from seed to series C+.
- Have impactful, viable, and scalable ideas
How the Challenge Works?
- Relevant applicants will be presented to partner corporations
- Selected startups will be invited to meet with R&D, open innovation, sustainability executives, and business unit heads for further discussion and to evaluate the potential for collaboration
- They expect that this will result in proof of concepts, partnerships, and investments for several of the startups
- In addition to the above, each partner will select one start-up to pitch their joint collaboration idea at the MassChallenge Sustainable Food Solutions Challenge Day in June 2024 where all of the corporate partners will attend. This will be a physical event in Switzerland
- It is anticipated that partners and startups will then work together to scale the startups’ ideas through the partners’ businesses.
How to apply
Click here to submit your application. The deadline for submission is Wednesday, December 13, 2023.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild.africa weekly digest for updates.