- The Rice University Business Plan (RBPC) progam opens applications for its graduate-level student startup competition.
The program is hosted by the Rice Alliance for Technology and Entrepreneurship, an initiative established to assist entrepreneurship across the world.
The aim of the RBPC is to offer the world’s best entrepreneurial and educational experience for any venture competition.
Established in 2001, the competition has moved from its initial $10,000 prize money for nine teams into 42 teams competing for a total grand prize of more than $1.5 million.
During the course of the pandemic, the competition took a virtual system, while still not losing touch with its promising experience for the three-day event.
Some of the various highlights of the competition include:
- Exclusive mentoring from experienced entrepreneurs and investors
- Potential investment opportunities from venture capitalists
- Practical experience on the requirements for launching a successful venture
- Real-time feedback from experts especially on your business plan
- Meeting and competing with high-ranked global student-led startups
Eligibility for participation
- Your startup is student-led
- Has two current student founders or management team members. At least one of them must be a current graduate degree-seeking student
- Participating students from university or college are invited from across the world
- Prior to July 1, 2020, must not have raised up to than $250,000 in equity capital
- Seeking to raise capital in the next one year
- Must be a high potential investment startup
Benefit of the competition
Over $1.3 million in cash and kind to selected winners
How to Apply
Are you a student-led startup from anywhere across the world?
Then go ahead to apply here. The deadline for application for the Rice University Business Plan is Monday, February 8, 2021.
The RBPC will announce the selected 42 startup teams on Tuesday, February 23, 2021, via phone and email.
On Monday, March 1, 2021, the selected startups will confirm their participation in the competition
The Rice Business Plan Competition holds from April 5-9, 2021
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild.africa weekly digest for updates.