The trio of Algorand Foundation, Reach and Africa Blockchain Alliance have announced applications for Decentralized Umoja Algorand Bounty Hack.
This collaboration is driven by the Africa Blockchain Alliance commitment to encourage blockchain education in Africa. African developers are therefore encouraged to start exploring the blockchain development path.
The event will be a virtual Bounty Hack Series, a hackathon that will see individuals and teams learn how to create blockchain apps (Dapps), leading them to complete a list of pre-approved projects in six weeks.
Participants will be apportioned mentors who will help guide the team in achieving their potentials.
There would be a presentation of the developed projects after the end of the hackathon.
Criteria for participation
All African developers at any level of software development are welcomed to apply for this hackathon.
Benefits of participation
The top three winners will get $1,500, $1,250 and $1,000 accordingly. $600 goes to all other teams for completing their projects.
Other incentives for all participants include:
- $1,000 Community Choice award
- $250 for writing an article describing your project in full details
- $500 for converting your project into a Reach workshop
- $750 for converting your project into a Reach tutorial
- Up to $750 on finishing your project via content incentives
- $500 for participating in a call demonstrating your project to the project team after the hack
How to Apply
Interested developers can apply here UMOJA Algorand Bounty Hack . The deadline for application is Friday, October 22, 2021.
Dont miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to blockbuild weekly digest for updates.