Chat for Impact has announced its accelerator program slated for this October. The program aims to provide support and mentorship to social impact groups that want to scale a WhatsApp Chat Service.
- Twenty organizations will each get US$25,000 in prizes to use toward the establishment of a live chat service on the WhatsApp Business Platform
- Mentorship from WhatsApp Social innovation specialists
- Study of how effective chat services were developed by top-tier corporations
This three-day online festival highlights and honors organizations from around the world that use WhatsApp to make a difference.
- Motivating Keynote
- Panel talks with prominent business figures
- Strategic and practical meetings
- Free Summit content access
- Request to join the community of practice for Chat for Impact
For your company to qualify for the Accelerator Program, you must
- Complete the application by producing a use case for their social impact.
- Have participated in a Chat for Impact Bootcamp in 2021–2022, which will launch the WhatsApp business API process
Ben Supple, Head OF Civic Engagement WhatsApp At Meta made a comment saying:
“With Praekelt and Turn.io’s help, we’re excited to continue Chat for Impact, which will assist and enhance the efforts of social impact groups all over the world.
An amazing chance to work closely with a small group of organizations to expand the impact and reach of their WhatsApp service is presented by the Accelerator. We are excited to see what these organizations produce and the impact they have.”
Will get tools and a collection of case studies on social impact, as well as an invitation to a Chat for Impact Bootcamp and onboarding to the WhatsApp Business Platform.
Twenty candidates for the accelerator
Will be chosen to participate in the Accelerator Program by a jury.
They will also receive continuing guidance and funding (US$ 25,000 each) to develop and expand their WhatsApp service in order to further their work in a particular social impact sector.
You can apply here.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild.africa weekly digest for updates