The Aspire Coronation Trust Foundation is seeking applications for its grant program to support local, national and regional non-profit and social enterprise organizations working to address challenges and related vulnerabilities across Africa.
The ACT Foundation supports sustainable high impact initiatives that provide innovative solutions to social, economic and environmental challenges in Africa.
Organizations applying for ACT grant must meet the following criteria:
- Work within the ACT Foundation’s focus areas of Health, Entrepreneurship, Leadership, and Environment
- Be registered with the appropriate legal entity within their respective (African) countries for not less than two years (24 months)
- Be legally registered as a non-profit organization (GTE/LTD). However, if applying as a social enterprise, the Foundation will only fund initiatives that are not for profit
- Show a strong governance structure. Details of the board of directors should reflect in the company’s registration documents. If not, please update
- Show evidence of other sources of funding
- Have a minimum staff strength of 3 part-time/full-time paid Individuals
- Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project, i.e. not acting as an intermediary
- Program/Initiative must be implemented within Africa
ACT Foundation grants will not be extended to the following:
- Non-profit without a legal Board of Directors or Trustee (as stated in your registration documents)
- Any entity that has mismanaged other foundation’s funds in the past
- Political parties, campaigns groupings, institutions or their subsidiaries and affiliates
- Organizations that advocate, promote, or espouse inhumane policies, illegal activities or terrorism
How to apply
Click here to apply for the Aspire Coronation Trust Foundation. The deadline for application is Friday, November 10, 2023
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild.africa weekly digest for updates.