African female entrepreneurs are invited to apply for the ShEquity Business Accelerator (SHEBA) 2021.
Although Africa ranks as the region with the highest number of women-owned businesses in the world, women entrepreneurs still face significant challenges in securing investment compared to men.
Hence, SHEBA aims to help de-risk African female-led businesses, get them ready for investment and equip the founders with the necessary skills set to scale and grow their businesses.
Launched by ShEquity, a female-focused VC firm based in Ghana, in collaboration with MBC Africa, the accelerator is designed to scout, select, de-risk, and help accelerate high-impact African female-led startups.
The accelerator is in line with ShEquity’s goals to activate significant investment in African women-led enterprises, creating a thriving investment ecosystem that de-risks these companies as well as drives inclusive growth in the continent.
Accordingly, SHEBA will serve as the pipeline for the ShEquity West Africa VC Fund which is being set up in Accra, Ghana.
Annually, SHEBA will select and support 30 high potential women focused on the following areas: agribusiness, healthcare, technology, renewable energies, and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG).
Benefits of participation
During the course of SHEBA, selected participants will be able to:
- De-risk their business and become investment-ready
- Boost their brand, revamp and test their marketing strategy
- Develop new business models and mindsets for innovation leveraging existing technologies to have an edge over their competition
- Connect with high-value networks to facilitate your business growth
- Improve their leadership and soft skills needed to engage with key partners/customers and inspire their team
- Expand their chances of getting access to seed funding and follow-on investment
If you’re interested in participating in the accelerator program, you must be
- Be an African woman leading impactful and scalable businesses
- Committed to the 6 months program duration;
- Have a business that has been operational for about 2 years and is based in the ECOWAS Region;
- Willing to sign the SHEBA agreement (to be provided to those selected).
Entries close on Friday, April 16, 2021. If you wish to apply for the ShEquity Business Accelerator 2021, click here to apply. Note that submissions after this deadline will be disqualified.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild weekly digest for updates.