Nigerian Content Science and Technology Innovation Challenge 2021 is currently opened for applications.
The innovation challenge is an entrepreneurship development program aimed at challenging Nigerian students in all accredited tertiary institutions in the country.
The challenge is seeking students who can apply science, technology and innovation in solving home-grown challenges encountered across all Nigerian economic sectors.
The SITC challenge is set to drive the next generation of Nigerian students to innovatively apply science and technology to solve economic problems.
Asides from the cash prize made Winners of this challenge will be exposed to experts in the industry for mentoring sessions that will help them scale their innovation for profitability while creating more jobs.
Benefits of participation
Participating students alongside their faculty guides and institutions:
- Winner: ₦10,000,000 with business incubation
- First runner-up: ₦4,000,000 with business incubation
- Second runner-up: ₦1,500,000
- Winner: ₦750,000 with Apple Mac
- First runner-up: ₦500,000
- Second runner-up: ₦250,000
- Winner: Winner’s trophy and research & development center
- First runner-up: Second place trophy
- Second runner-up: Third place trophy
Eligibility for participation
- A team of two students from any tertiary institution in Nigeria that is accredited
- The team members must not have any student who is graduating before December 2021
- Open to students from any department
The innovative solution must be:
- Have a real-life application
- Financially profitable and create wealth
- Proffer solutions to at least one key sector of the Nigerian economy
How to apply
If you are a Nigerian student, you can go ahead to apply here for the Nigerian Content Science and Technology Innovation Challenge 2021.
The deadline for application is Sunday, January 31, 2021.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild.africa weekly digest for updates.