Savvy, a virtual Fellowship program for young professionals seeking to be part of the new generation of impact entrepreneurs around the world, is calling all entrepreneurs with high-impact, for-profit or not-for-profit projects to apply for the 2022 Savvy Prize for Impact-Driven Entrepreneurs.
The Savvy Prize for Impact-Driven Entrepreneurs is an initiative that aims to recognize and support the efforts of impact-driven entrepreneurs that are working to solve some of the world’s most pressing problems through innovative and sustainable ways.
The Roddenberry Foundation is supporting this year’s prize with benefits which include up to $3,000 in cash prizes, marketing endeavors, and product development support.
As part of the application process, you must address these six thought-provoking questions:
- What problem you’re addressing, why it is important, and why is now the best time to address it
- What your proposed solution is and what makes it innovative and scalable
- Who stands to benefit from your solution (specific target audience) and where they are located
- What makes you and/or your team the ideal leader(s) of the project
- What the world stands to gain if you are successful
- What key milestones you believe you will achieve within the next 12 months upon receiving the Savvy Prize, and how you will know if you’re successful
Benefits of participation
- First prize winner gets $450 in cash, $450 in article feature on 4 media websites, and $540 in web and app hosting for 1 year plus $10 domain name registration. Making it a total of $1,450.
- Second prize winner gets $450 in article feature on 4 media websites, $540 in web and app hosting for 1 year plus $10 domain name registration. Making it a total of $1,000.
- The third prize winner gets $540 in web and app hosting plus $10 domain name registration. Making it a total of $550.
- The top 10 finalists and winners will also be given a certificate of achievement.
On February 11, 2022, the top 10 finalists will be announced and shortly after, interviews will be conducted.
The Top 3 winners will finally be announced on March 11, 2022.
Eligibility of participation
- Firstly, you must be a Savvy Fellow to apply.
- Those who are already Savvy Fellows can immediately apply for the Savvy Prize while those who are not Savvy Fellows have to apply for the Savvy Fellowship Program and be accepted into the ongoing Fellowship program before they can immediately apply for the Savvy Prize.
- Secondly, because the program is open to aspiring and early-stage entrepreneurs around the world, you must have already started a business or you are seeking to start one.
- Thirdly, you must be between the ages of 18 – 40 and can demonstrate in your application, your passion to learn and create lasting change in your community (and the world.)
- However, applicants above the age of 40 who have, at least, 5 years of entrepreneurial or work experience, will be considered.
Terms and conditions
- Entry is free
- Applicants must be sole author of all entries with full rights to them as only original and unpublished responses that do not infringe upon any copyright laws will be accepted
- Applicants automatically agree to the use of their responses in any Savvy promotional material upon entering the Prize contest
- Savvy has the right to disqualify and remove applications that have been submitted, which may cause offense or may be seen as inappropriate or not suitable for the Prize contest
- Savvy is not responsible for entries that are incompletely or incorrectly submitted
How to apply
If you are an intending applicant who is not a Savvy Fellow, you can apply for the Savvy Fellowship Program here.
After being accepted into the fellowship program, you can then immediately proceed to apply for the Savvy Prize here.
Intending applicants for the Savvy Prize who are already Savvy Fellows or are currently partaking in the program can apply here.
The deadline for application is Friday, December 31, 2021.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild weekly digest for updates