Samsung Galaxy S5 is the latest and most probably the best phone produced by Samsung yet. The trademark features of the phone include a heart rate sensor. It has a fingerprint reader that confers further security, a superb camera and a chassis that is water-resistant.
We will now look at some of the aspects of this phone and see how Samsung has managed to edge out competition using Samsung Galaxy s5.
- The chassis of Samsung Galaxy S5 is plastic. This, however, does not compromise the elegance and beauty of the device. It could be said to be the most attractive among all the Samsung Galaxy franchise.
- It has a soft-touch dimple textured rear panel and a refined dot matrix styled front. It also has a large 5.1-inch screen which is wider and more rectangular than its predecessor.
- In place of the settings button is a more useful recent apps button.
- Ports found on S5 include the IR blaster and headphone jack. They are situated at the top. Samsung S5 microUSB port is, however, covered with a flap that enhances the phones water-resistant capabilities.
- The power control is on the right side of the phone while the controls for volume are on the left side.
- The design is crafted to make the phone water resistant. It can withstand water depths of up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes. The phone, though well guarded against accidental splashes, it cannot take underwater photographs and one cannot swim with it without it being damaged.
Demerits in Design
- The phone may not be a phablet. It’s rather larger dimensions of 5.6 inches by 2.9 inches by 0.31 inches make the use of the phone on one hand rather difficult. At 5.1ounces, S5 also feels quite heavy to some users.
- The flap covering the microUSB port gets in the way every time you have to charge the phone.
- Some users claim that the entire design is rather unsexy.
- This phone clearly has the finest display you will ever find on a smartphone.
- Featuring a 5.1-inch Full HD 1080p Super AMOLED screen will offer one of the finest contrast and color Samsung Galaxy S5 has an impressive Adapt Display mode that is enabled by default. This analyzes all the incoming light. It will compare it to what is on your screen and consequently optimize your screen’s color and sharpness.
Samsung S5 has a single rear speaker. This, however, is more than impressive and gives satisfactory sound quality.
- Galaxy S5 has an integrated a fingerprint reader in the home button
- The fingerprint reader unlocks the device and facilitates signing into the Samsung account. It can also be used when paying with PayPal to log into the website.
- It is quite easy to register your fingerprint on S5. Up to three digits will be stored in the device.
- Demerits of the fingerprint reader
- Some users have reported trouble with the sensor recognizing their swipes thus minimal inconveniences.
- Samsung Galaxy S5 uses an astounding TouchWiz interface, running on Android 4.4.2.
- The Settings menu is flat. It has colorful circles representative of the options. The notification drawer similarly has circular buttons. It additionally has 10 quick-settings shortcuts.
- On the lock screen, it is easy to launch the camera since it has a larger icon.
- Multi Window on S5 allows users to run two apps simultaneously.
- A demerit in the interface is that from S5’s lock screen, it is impossible to use shortcuts to open other apps.
Samsung Galaxy S5 has a dedicated number rows of keys on its keyboard as well as predictive text and swiping using SwifKey technology.
S Health and Heart Rate Monitor
There is a sensor on the back of S5 which, after being held using the fingertips for several seconds, displays the heart rate.
Samsung Gear Fit on S5 also helps in tracking your steps, burned and consumed calories. This makes it an impeccable workout buddy. S Health in S5 also has the ability to track diet.
Samsung Galaxy S5 has a 2.5-GHz Snapdragon 801 processor. It is also packed with an Adreno 330 GPU with a 2GB RAM.
Generally, S5 delivers an overall impressive performance as well as superior graphics.
- With a 16-megapixel camera, Samsung Galaxy S5 offers faster and sharper shots. The shots are also less cluttered compared to its predecessors
- The phone also comes with a new Real Time HDR setting. This lets users preview high-dynamic range images prior to taking a shot.
- The camera also comes with other extra groovy features that add fun to capturing photos using the device.
- The new Selective Focus allows the user to choose to have either the background or foreground in focus.
Samsung Galaxy S5 produces crisp and colorful photos. This is irrespective of whether the photos are taken indoors or outdoors.
Samsung Galaxy S5 has amazingly swift download speeds. Upload speeds are equally impressive.
The superior Web performance of the phone makes surfing using the phone a smooth cruise.
Galaxy S5 is equipped with a 2,800 mAh battery. The battery can last for slightly over 8 hours with continuous Web surfing with 150 nit display brightness.
Samsung Galaxy S5’s Ultra Power Savings Mode is an incredible way of increasing the battery runtime.
Samsung Galaxy S5 is simply impressive. It is worth its cost and its performance delivery does not disappoint in any way. This is, therefore, one of the finest smartphone in the world today.