Co-creation Hub, in collaboration with Google, Mojaloop Foundation, and the government of Rwanda, launched the Fintech Innovation Program on Saturday, the 11th of December at the Hanga Pitchfest 2021.
It is one of the initiatives designed to accelerate Rwanda’s digital transformation in order to drive inclusive economic development by leveraging technology as well as fostering a pan-African innovation ecosystem.
As part of this project, CcHUB will be supporting early-stage fintech startups and innovators (with at least an MVP) through an incubation program.
There will be two cohorts of 15 startups over the course of the year, with a $10,000 grant to each selected company.
- The startup must be headquartered and/or operating in Rwanda
- An already launched product in the market or at least an MVP
- A registered business that has been in operation (since launch date) for at least 6 months
- At least one full time and dedicated founder
- Equity-free funding up to $10,000
- Product, Market readiness and Investment support
- Mentorship from industry and domain experts
- Access to Google products and Mojaloop
- Access to a network of partners and investors from CcHUB
- Funding opportunities
Interested startups can apply here. The newly extended deadline for application is Tuesday, February 22, 2022.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild.africa weekly digest for updates.