Ghanian diplomat and Nobel Laureate, Kofi Annan, once said that young people should be at the forefront of global change and innovation and if empowered, they can be key agents for development and peace.
To make this happen, various youth-focused initiatives are being put in place to give young people a fair chance. Are you on the lookout for these?
If you are between 15 and 17 years of age with a desire to be an agent of change and innovation, you have just the opportunity to do so by applying for the maiden edition of the Rise Global Talent Program 2021.
What’s the Rise Global Talent Program about?
An initiative of Schmidt Futures and the Rhodes Trust, Rise is set to grow a worldwide community of future leaders, providing participants with learning resources, a network of peers, and other opportunities from its partners around the world.
The program is committed to supporting exceptional teenagers, enabling them to use their talents to serve others.
To achieve this, on a yearly basis, Rise will select 100 Global winners that will be given access to personalized support throughout their lives as they put their talents into building a better world, need-based funding support, mentorship, and other career benefits.
Are there benefits?
Yes! If you are selected among this year’s outstanding 100 winners of the Rise Global Talent Program, you will enjoy the following:
- Access to firsthand information about scholarships, internships, and other opportunities;
- Financial support to participate in university and internships programs, a technology package, and free online courses;
- Access to funding to enable you to scale up your service to others, or compete for investment to start a social enterprise;
- Access to a global community through annual events and opportunities;
- Personalized mentorship and career training;
- Participation at the residential summit.
Who qualifies for this program?
Interested applicants must
- Be between the ages of 15 and 17 as of July 1, 2021,
- Be passionate about serving others throughout your life
As long as you meet the above criteria, you can apply no matter your country of origin. Also, if you’re interested in science, art, community organizing, or any other topic, they want to hear from you.
To be a part of the first-ever Rise cohort and become the leader your community needs, click here to apply or nominate someone.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild weekly digest for updates.