The ongoing Coronavirus pandemic has exposed the critical importance of digital technologies.
The need to discuss “Achieving Inclusive Digital Economic Development in the Post-COVID 19 Era” as a community of Nigeria Internet Stakeholders has become necessary.
As the digital transformation transmute, our focus, from both the business and the policy communities, is shifting from Shaping a Resilient Internet For Societal Sustainability, to understanding the effect and impact of COVID19 on our lives/activities, especially on the Internet as it affects women and the youths.
In a statement issued by the Chair of the Nigeria Internet Governance Forum Multi-stakeholder Advisory Group (NIGF MAG), he confirmed that the 9th annual Edition of the Nigeria Internet Governance Forum, organised by the NIGF-MAG, will be a virtual experience and hold 23rd and 24th September 2020.
The NIGF-MAG comprises of stakeholders from:
- Federal Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy (FMCDE)
- National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA)
- Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC)
- Nigeria Internet Registration Association (NiRA)
- Internet Society Nigeria Chapter (ISOC NG)
- DigitalSENSE Africa Media (DSA)
- other local Internet Stakeholders.
Among the line up of eminent speakers for the vNIGF 2020 is the Honourable Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr Isa Ali Ibrahim [Pantami] FNCS, FBCS, FIIM, who will deliver the Keynote Address.
Also, there will be a high-level panel discussion on the 2020 to 2030 Digital Economy Strategy.
Other confirmed speakers for the vNIGF2020 include:
- Ms Funke Opeke, Founder and CEO MainONe
- Anriette Esterhuysen (IGF MAG Chair)
- Mrs Mary Uduma (Coordinator WAIGF)
- Prof Adenike Osofisan (University of Ibadan)
- Dr Nnenna Ifeanyi-Ajufo (Swansea University)
- Dr Wunmi Hassan (High Tech Centre for Nigerian Women and Youths)
- Uffa Modey (Coordinator YouthIGF-NG), among others.
Following the recorded success of previous years, the vNIGF 2020 will be an interesting event, given the array of this year’s line up as seen on the event website.
Members of the public from the Private Sector, Government, Civil Society, Intergovernmental Organisations, Academia as well as the internet end-users are encouraged to register and attend the event live on the NIGF event website and all her social media platforms ( @NigeriaIGF ). Registration and attendance is free.
Upon registration, participants will receive the event notifications and updates, free access to the digital edition of the event’s report and more.
The events for the 23rd September 2020 are dedicated to the Youth and Women.
Whilst the main event holds on the 24th September 2020, when Dr. Isa Ali Pantami, FNCS, FBCS, FIIM will deliver the Keynote Address of the vNIGF 2020.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to cfamedia weekly digest for updates.