Yiaga Africa announces a call for applications for the Turn Up Democracy Challenge 1.0. The challenge invites young people to submit creative ideas on how to work with policymakers to solve a social problem in their community or innovative ways to promote social cohesion.
The Turn Up Democracy Challenge 1.0 is aimed at inspiring civic action, supporting youth enterprise, and advancing social cohesion.
Grants will be awarded to successful applicants to execute proposed projects in local communities. Submitted ideas will be evaluated based on innovation, inclusion, expected results and sustainability of the proposed project.
Benefits of participation
- Financial support to implement innovative proposals, ideas, or innovations
- Increased visibility and international recognition for innovative solutions
Eligibility for participation
Applicants must be:
- Between the ages of 18 – 25
- A citizen and resident of Nigeria
- Available for a two-day training workshop
- A registered voter
NB: Women and Persons Living with Disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Click here to apply. The deadline for application is Friday, October 6, 2023
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild.africa weekly digest for updates