UK-Nigeria Tech Hub in collaboration with Decagon, Nigeria’s software engineering institute has opened DevPlacement application for Software Engineers And SMEs.
DevPlacement is a fully-funded program digital upskill program that aims to bridge the gap between software developers & SMEs in Nigeria.
The DevPlacement initiative is in line with the vision of the UK-Nigeria Tech Hub and Decagon Institute’s charge to lead Nigeria into a modern age of innovative technology by improving Nigeria’s digital economy.
Successful participants will get into the DevPlacement Bootcamp where they will undergo relevant training in preparation for the program.
The program in its pilot phase will recruit and pair selected SMEs with 100 certified software engineers to support SMEs in the creation of their business apps and other digital enablement for a 3-month paid internship period.
Eligibility for participation
- Applicants either as software engineers or SMEs must be Nigerian.
- Software engineers intending to apply for the DevPlacement program must be graduates of a certified software engineering institute in Nigeria.
- SMEs also looking to apply must have a social-impact product or project that requires the input of a developer in improving its current functionalities. The SMEs are also expected to have a senior software engineer in the development team.
Benefits of the program
- A three month fully funded internship for selected software engineers.
- Opportunity for SMEs to meet and engage top engineering talents.
How to apply
The deadline for application is Friday, January 15, 2021.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild.africa weekly digest for updates.