The most anticipated gathering of players in the fintech ecosystem in Nigeria and Africa – the 5th edition of Nigeria Fintech Week scheduled to hold in Lagos and online from October 25 to 29, 2021 with the theme – “Sustainability and Ecosystem Building”
The program would be looking to host about a million attendees across multiple locations in Nigeria and online, from more than 60 countries globally.
The pedigree of the Nigeria Fintech Week and its impacts on ecosystem building has made it a bride of global brands like AfDB, IMF, Afrexim, Visa, Microsoft, Access Bank, Zenith Bank, Ecobank, 9mobile, Flourish, , Oracle, Infobip, etc.
Key Outcomes of 2020 Edition
- 56 countries from all continents, more than 5200 registered attendees
- Collaboration- Establishment of Reguvators Forum – A Forum that brings representatives of regulatory agencies and fintechs together to foster engagement, interaction, collaboration and co-creation of solutions to equilibrate innovation and regulation.
- Industry Data – Nigeria Fintech Census – A project done by EY and FintechNGR in response to the demand for critical data on Fintech in Nigeria.
- Talent Development – DigiStuds – A digital academy project commissioned to equip 500,000 graduates, undergraduates and lecturers with hands-on digital education and know-how to prepare them for the future of work and establishment of digital businesses as “Digipreneurs”.
Objectives of Nigeria Fintech Week 2021
- Advance elements and solutions for sustaining the fintech growth and impact
- Showcase new technologies and promote strategies for domesticating them to solve national critical challenges
- Spotlight the crucial ingredients of ecosystem building such as effective collaboration, level of government, regulatory, infrastructural and investment supports
Strategic Focus of 2021 Edition
- Regulatory Parley – created to enable participants to engage Fintech Regulators in Nigeria
- Ecosystem Day – created to explore the level of adoption of emerging technology in edtech, agritech, healthtech, regtech etc from selected ecosystems, to also learn what works and what doesn’t in this regard
- Femtech – created to x-ray the emergence of more females as CEOs of global brands in Nigeria such as GTBank, Citi Bank, Branch, EFiNA etc and promote thoughts on multiplying the numbers
- Investment – created to feature the CEOs of global funding organisations who have invested in Flutterwave, Paystack, oPay etc to understand why they invest and what would make them invest more
- Talents – Day 1 is entirely dedicated to TechSpark – a programme that aims to deep-dive into IT/Fintech Talent Developments, expose students to employment nuggets and stimulate appetite for innovation.
- Partnership – keynote addresses, speaking, product launches, brand promotion etc
- Showcases – opportunities to showcase unique solutions in payments, emerging sectors like edtech, agritech, ecommerce, transport etc
- Participation – open to all at no costs, thanks to our sponsors
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild weekly digest for updates.