My Washbay is focused on digitizing South Africa’s car wash industry by offering a digital-based service for car wash owners, thereby providing added value for their customers.
Prinesh Pillay, founder of My Washbay explained that the local tech startup aims to reimagine the car wash industry experience in South Africa through technological advancements and tools for a better customer experience.
“A large number of car washes are still utilizing legacy or manual systems of dealing with their operation, inclusive of reports and customer experience.”, Prinesh noted.
The founder further explained that the app is in its developmental stage, while noting that it is currently a web-based app, however, the quality of service to both the service providers and car owners remains top-notch.
At present, My Washbay offers its services in Johannesburg, however, it plans expansion to other parts of the country and beyond.
Customers at the car wash can scan a QR code to check-in their vehicles, while they make payments through the web-based app.
Benefits for car owners
- It offers a cashless payment option through a secured paygate such that there is a reduction in physical contact with the aim of ensuring safe social distancing measure
- Users can pay for their car wash through vouchers
- At a reduced cost, users can buy car wash service in a bundle
- Users are offered timely information and thorough access to test drives and car events
- Online notification when the car wash service is complete
Benefits for car wash owners
- Reduction of theft as payments are made via an online dashboard with visible transactions
- Online monitoring of traffic
- More customers are reached via the web-based app
My Washbay is also supporting physically challenged individuals through the provision of employment.
It liaises with car wash networks in Johannesburg to identify these special candidates.
Do you have a story that is worth featuring? Get in touch via pr[at]techbuild.ng
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild.africa weekly digest for updates.