The 2021 LEAD Fellowship application is now open for entries into its third cohort.
In an effort to equip and empower more women leaders in global health, the Harvard Global Health Institute and the Women and Health Initiative at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health offers a transformational fellowship specifically designed to promote leadership skills in individuals from low- and middle-income countries who will, in turn, mentor future female leaders in global health.
Harvard Global Health Institute LEAD Fellows have access to world-class faculty, are provided with senior mentors and the opportunity to build a custom curriculum aligned to their own unique personal growth and leadership plan.
Based on their specific interests and leadership goals, LEAD fellows engage in tailored leadership training programs, speaking and networking opportunities, and independent project work.
The fellowship offers the unique opportunity to build a global network of peers and relationships across schools and departments of Harvard University.
The fellowship experience provides global health leaders time to reflect, recalibrate, and explore uncharted territories.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, in accordance with Harvard University protocol, the 2021-22 LEAD fellowship program will be entirely virtual.
Eligibility for participation
- Applicants must work full-time in the field of global health and have at least 15 years of professional experience.
- Applicants must have demonstrated leadership experience
- Applicants must have the full support of their employer and a champion in their organization who serves as an internal mentor.
- Applicants must take a leave of absence (or equivalent) from their home institution during the fall full curriculum semester.
- During the two years prior to arrival at Harvard, the fellows should not have participated in a full-time fellowship that lasted 4 months or longer.
NB: There are no age limits or academic prerequisites.
How to apply
Interested candidates can go ahead to apply here. The deadline for application is Thursday, April 22, 2021.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild weekly digest for updates.