Following the AppsAfrica Award 2020 nomination list that was announced last week, four startups have won in their categories among the twelve awardees at this year’s edition of the Award.
AppsAfrica Awards 2020 has announced the winners of its 12 categories to celebrate the best in mobile and tech from across Africa. This was greeted with a lot of jubilation among players in the tech space.
The AppsAfrica Winners have also been invited to join Africa Tech Summit in 2021 to connect with tech leaders, corporates, and investors at next year’s African and European Summits.
The AppsAfrica Awards 2020 Winners include:
- Disruptive Innovation Award – 54gene (Nigeria)
- HealthTech Award – Envisionit Deep AI (South Africa / UK)
- Best African App – Carry1st for Gebeta (South Africa)
- Blockchain Award Luno (United Kingdom/South Africa)
- Media & Entertainment – myFanPark (South Africa/Nigeria)
- EdTech Award – Xhuma (South Africa)
- Agri & FoodTech Award – ComX (Nigeria)
- FinTech Award – Beyonic (Uganda)
- Social Impact – Envisionit Deep AI (South Africa / UK)
- eCommerce Award – Sokowatch (Kenya)
- Mobility Award – Kobo360 (Nigeria)
This is certainly the right step in the right direction for Nigerian startups as the country continues to adopt digitization in business and other sectors.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild weekly digest for updates.