Entries are open for the Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers 2021. If you are a young researcher interested in the development of agriculture and other related industries in Africa and other developing regions, then this opportunity might be for you.
About Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers
Launched in 2007, the award is an initiative of the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries (MAFF) of Japan and supported Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS).
It aims to increase motivation in young researchers who are interested in agricultural research and development for the benefit of developing regions.
Up to 3 promising young researchers who demonstrate outstanding performance and research achievements that are innovative and tech-driven will be presented with the Japan Award.
To qualify, interested applicants must be
- A researcher and citizen of Africa or any other developing country;
- A member of a non-Japanese university or a non-Japanese research institute;
- Under the age of 40 as of January 1, 2021;
- Able to attend the commendation ceremony that will be held later this year in Japan. Applicants should keep in mind that the method of holding the event will be decided after taking into consideration the COVID-19 infection status.
- Engaged in research and development in agriculture, fishery, forestry, and related industries in developing regions, as well as the food industry sector and the field of environment
What’s the award prize?
- 3 winners will be invited to Japan to attend the commendation ceremony and accept their awards and cash prize of US$5,000 per awardee.
How do I apply?
To apply for the Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers 2021,
download the following materials:
- Application guidelines for the 2021 Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researcher
- Instructions in the preparation of application forms
- Application form
- Self-assessment sheet
- List of research achievements
How do I submit my application?
Applicants should submit applications and inquiry by post to:
- Secretariat of the Japan International Award for Young Agricultural ResearchersInformation and Public Relations Office, Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS)1-1, Ohwashi Tsukuba City, Ibaraki 305-8686 Japan
When is the deadline?
Entries close on Monday, March 22, 2021. For further information, visit this website. Japan International Award
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild weekly digest for updates.