The Impact Investors Foundation (IIF), in partnership with Acumen and Open Society Initiative for West Africa (OSIWA) is holding the 2nd Annual IIF Deal Summit on Thursday, November 19, 2020.
It will bring together impact investors and potential investees operating in Nigeria in the hope of sparking meaningful connections, increasing exposure, and seeding deals!
This year’s Deal Summit incorporates a rigorous 4-week impact investment-readiness programme to prepare participants to become both investment and impact- ready to access funding from various impact investor partners.
The training will be done online. Entry closes on Friday, September 18, 2020, and the Impact Investment-readiness programme will commence on Tuesday, October 6, 2020.
Participants of this year’s Deal Summit will:
- Gain increased knowledge of Impact Investing and understand what impact investors want
- Get support and practical tips in preparing an awarding-winning pitch deck and pitching to investors
- Gain 1-1 coaching time with an experienced impact investor
- Network with a range of providers of impact capital
- Be matched with potential impact investors
- Learn how to become attractive to impact investors and to pitch your business during the IIF Deal Summit to a select cohort of impact investors from across the world.
Criteria for application
Companies must have:
- Been in operations 2+ years
- Clear impact focus or orientation, whether social or environmental
- Have not raised more than $5M externally
- Provided essential services to vulnerable people at the base of the pyramid especially during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Provided real solutions to challenges brought about as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Note: Companies must provide social and environmental services in sectors such as Health, Education, Agriculture, Renewable Energy, Financial Inclusion, Transportation, Technology etc.
Who Should Apply?
- Small Medium Enterprise
- Social Enterprise
- For-Profit Social Purpose Company owners.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, click here.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to cfamedia weekly digest for updates.