IBM offers expansive data and cloud computing options. Not only do we have the best cloud computing capacities, but we also have the best expansion plans that will see us cover all your cloud needs.
Since our acquisition of the $2 billion SoftLayer last year, IBM has been growing in leaps and bounds. Our clients have been growing tremendously with over 6000 new clients choosing IBM to take their business operations to the cloud. Our clients include some of the biggest enterprises in the world.
Our services are impeccable, and we aim at making SoftLayer dynamic by expanding its role into new dimensions. What we are, is basically a new realm in the world of cloud computing. Cloud computing has made its mark across all industries in a tremendous way. Hybrid cloud is primarily what is offered by IBM.
Through hybrid cloud, in-house systems of records, such as financial and permanent records, can be seamlessly connected to online systems of engagements with customers and prospects. This will create an impressive integrated blend of on and off business operations and processes where the two are well connected.
IBM is moving towards a new direction that will see SoftLayer help clients solve big data challenges. This will be possible because we have an incredibly extensive analytics expertise.
Current Trends That IBM Effectively Satisfies
Cloud coupled to Big Data is our future and through SoftLayer IBM we will effectively fulfill the requirements of the following current trends:
- This is the dawn of the glorious era of hybrid cloud. Predictions by Gartner show that by 2015, almost 70% of all enterprises will be using hybrid cloud. Large enterprises have been continually adopting hybrid cloud environments. This has made it possible for these enterprises to integrate their existing tech investments and systems of record with the data existing in the cloud. This has been warranted by the rise of big data and systems of engagement such as mobile and social media. IBM’s SoftLayer offers clients performance, scale and transparency in the key cloud capabilities to help them step into the hybrid cloud era.
- A survey by IDC shows that enterprises opt for full-service providers like IBM when moving to cloud. IBM has been ranked #1 in a report by IDC as well as by enterprises when it comes to provision of full-service cloud features.
- Globally, enterprises prioritize data residency. In about 100 nations, laws have been created to guide handling of personal data by both government and private enterprises. This has been imposed by the fact that data has been progressively moving into cloud. IBM’s SoftLayer data centers are unique, flexible and transparent. Clients are given total control of their data, business and IT operations in the cloud.
- New business models are being enabled by cloud. New ventures and untapped business models are being realized swiftly with cloud. IBM has a rich industrial expertise and excellent consultancy division. This, coupled with SoftLayer’s high performance has helped large enterprises discover and launch new business models. IBM is unique in that it is the sole cloud provider with an in-house consulting division of over 40,000 experts.
IBM Cloud is structured for enterprise and, thus, is highly suited for the hybrid cloud era. For cloud to be valuable and of benefit, nonetheless, there must be synchronization between the infrastructure, IT investments and new cloud workloads. This will be further driven by trends such as rise in data and systems of engagement.
Benefits of IBM to Our Clients
Through hybrid cloud, an enterprise is able to:
• Fully utilize data as a resource without affecting its privacy and security.
• Swiftly and flawlessly integrate existing data and services with new ones, thereby, fostering innovation.
• Effortlessly manage, control and secure data and apps including where they reside.
According to Gartner, 70% of enterprises will be pursuing cloud by next year. This will be in an effort to reinvigorate existing IT investments by linking with systems of engagement warranted by trends, such as big data, mobile and social media. This offers new insights and improves performance. IBM, powered by SoftLayer, offers an excellent launching pad for markets of the future. Already, web companies, such as KUULUU and Multiplay, can effectively manage extremely complex data workloads such as gaming through IBM. Additionally, enterprises, such as Hartford and NiSource, have been offered ample opportunities to re-vitalize their IT investments.
Our clientele is expansive and includes:
- WhatsApp-a client since 2009
- Tumblr- a client for 3years
- Over 130million active gamers on Multiplay and KUULUU among many other gaming sites.
In January 2014, IBM committed $1.2 billion to expanding its global cloud footprint.
Through IBM, clients can speed up adoption of hybrid cloud through IBM’s development environment and capabilities-as-a-service. IBM has additionally opened its enterprise software portfolio to cloud. It has further launched an open beta codenamed Bluemix. This platform-as-a-service exploits IBM’s strong software, third-party and open technologies. All this was part of a $1billion investment.
Early in 2014, the IBM Watson Group was established. This is a business unit that develops and commercializes cloud delivered cognitive and big data innovations. IBM’s cloud capabilities, in conjunction with new third-party services, make it simple and easy for enterprises to use hybrid cloud.
New clients that have joined include Bharat Light and Power, Novitex and NiSource.
IBM’s Geo Expansion
IBM’s cloud services will be delivered from 40 data centers in North America, Australia, Europe, Asia and South America. Of late, new data centers have been created in China, London, India, Washington DC, Hong Kong, Mexico City, Dallas and Japan.
IBM Cloud Growth and Achievements
47 out of the top 50 Fortune 500 companies are supported by IBM.
IBM’s current rankings include:
- #1 cloud computing provider according to IDC’s survey on IaaS consumer preference in the US market.
- Overall best in 6 of 8 major industries including financial services, healthcare, professional services, manufacturing, public, retail and wholesale.
- Among the top 3 in transportation and Telecommunications.
- Among the top 3 cloud providers according to Synergy Research Group.
- The 2nd To drive innovation, IBM spends billions in R&D. IBM also has a team of over 40000 highly skilled and deeply experienced cloud experts.
IBM’s main competitors are Google, Amazon, Web Services and Microsoft. Nonetheless, IBM stands out from them in that IBM offers an Enterprise experience. IBM is ideal for businesses choosing cloud for its flexibility, speed and economy. Business growth is, thus, assured with IBM in a world where;
- Data residency is a priority globally
- 70% of enterprise will be on cloud by 2015
- 85% of new software is compatible with cloud
- 3⁄4 of new cloud apps are intensive on big data
What IBM Offers
As a Hybrid cloud, IBM is designed for data, open integration and control.
IBM helps clients exploit data as a resource while simultaneously safeguarding data security and privacy.
IBM is the only cloud service that offers:
- Secure data utilization by separating bare metal servers and private networks in off-premise cloud. best in yearly growth at 80% growth according to Synergy Research Group.
- An enabling business environment for innovation with analytics by providing industry solutions and software capabilities.
- Benefits of cloud computing by offering technology that utilizes data that cannot be moved to cloud.
IBM’s open integration allows for rapid combination of old and new data and services, thus, stimulating new innovation. IBM will, thus, offer:
- Cloud DevOps service which is enterprise grade and developers can easily develop.
- Numerous vendor services while simultaneously integrating with your data and enterprise apps.
- Leadership in stimulating open standards and a community of service providers.
- An easy automation of deployment and management of enterprise apps across hybrid cloud.
IBM allows clients to decide, control, manage and secure the location of their data and apps by providing:
- Total transparency on the location of data as well as the isolation, manageability and visibility of the infrastructure and pertinent network components alongside the encryption and backup across our worldwide data centers.
- A means to detect and eliminate advanced threats to your cloud environment by leveraging on security intelligence.
- Automation, control and visibility across our hybrid cloud environment.