The Social Innovation in Health Initiative Nigeria (SIHI) Hub in Nigeria based at the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, in partnership with the Federal Ministry of Health, the Federal Ministry of Science & Technology, and TDR, Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Disease, is looking for health solutions that are supporting and contributing to the achievement of health-related SDGs in Nigeria.
“We want to recognize creative solutions that improve access and quality of healthcare delivery for Nigerians and improve the diagnosis, treatment or prevention of infectious diseases in Nigeria.”
The program is seeking individuals – health workers, students, citizens, entrepreneurs – or organizations – NGOs, companies, universities, hospitals, government departments who have developed a creative solution to a problem in healthcare delivery.
The program is looking for solutions that improve:
- Access to health care
- Quality of health care
- Diagnosis, treatment or prevention of infectious diseases
Benefits of participation
- Recognition: Your solution will be recognized by the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, the Federal Ministry of Health, the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology and TDR, hosted at the World Health Organization.
- Documentation: Your solution will be studied by researchers and will produce a case study.
- Sharing: We will share your solution across Nigeria as well as internationally through the SIHI Partner Network.
- Learning: You will be invited to attend various workshops and learning sessions for innovators.
- Community: You will become part of the growing SIHI community of innovators.
Criteria for participation
Your solution is eligible if it meets the following conditions:
- The solution must be implemented in Nigeria and operational for more than one (1) year.
- The solution is not a medical or scientific innovation (drugs, devices, etc) as these are not considered as social innovation.
How to apply
Have you implemented an innovative and creative solution that improves health care? Then you can apply here. The deadline for application is Monday, March 29, 2021.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild.africa weekly digest for updates.