Hardware Garage in partnership with the Enugu Technology and Innovation Centre launches a call for application for the “StartHard” competition.
This is an Innovation pitch inviting hardware Technology entrepreneurs working in Clean Technology, E-mobility and Agric Tech.
The unique nature of the project supports the startups till the “selling stage” of the business because, if a startup doesn’t earn revenues, the tendencies to shut down are very high.
What the hardware garage does is to incubate this idea/prototype or concept through its network of engineers and academia, iterate on the idea looking at the market potentials and building a commercially selling product from it.
As the startups begin to sell, we like them to our readily available investor syndicate who invest monies in the startups to scale.
Eligibility for participation
- Must have a clear business proposition.
- Must be a company whose services are driven by hardware products.
- Startups working in either clean energy, E-mobility or Agriculture are preferred.
- Must be ready to commit their time and resources to the project.
- Should be able to detail a clear line for revenue for the project.
Benefits of participation
The program will select 3-5 startups for the Hardware Garage acceleration program
- Each team would receive funding from NGN300,000 to NGN1m according to an agreed value for research and development
- It will also expose the startups to an extensive product development lab, access to engineers, market penetration support and investor syndicates.
- Access to a working product development space, an office space, engineering team, sales team, marketing team and an investor network.
How to apply
Do you run a hardware startup and need access to a reliable engineering team, investors, space and equipment for your product development. Apply here for the program.
Why Hardware Garage?
It’s often said that hardware infrastructures are the bedrock of every developing economy but little efforts are been made by the government in spinning forth the hardware ecosystem.
And we know one thing; running a hardware startup is HARD! For the past few years, software startups in Nigeria have been on the news with lots of funding leveraging the software ecosystem. The question now is; what does the future hold for the hardware ecosystem.
This is the motivation behind founding the Hardware Garage. An acceleration Centre where we transform hardware ideas/prototypes or concepts that are sellable in Nigeria into commercially viable products
It’s a truism that Nigerians (Africans) are embodied with lots of ideas but little or none of these ideas come to fruition because of the present ecosystem available.
Hardware Garage’s method has proven worthy of replication. Since 2019, we have successfully supported few startups and projects in Nigeria helping them develop a sellable product in the country.
Testimonies around startups like Greenage Technologies, Automatenics, REB project, GEL attests to this success. Our aim is to help Africans transform their dreams to selling products.
Don’t miss important articles during the week. Subscribe to techbuild weekly digest for updates.